>

Northern Irish fans

#
Hi,

A group of us have started our very own supporters club in Northern Ireland - (Ulster Eintracht Frankfurt Supporters Club).

We will be travelling over for the Eintracht Frankfurt vs Werder Bremen match in January.

Any advice on good pubs to go to before/after the game - preferably supporters bars.

Cheers
#
Hi RedHandEagle,

Welcome to our community! Always great to have foreign fans over. I am also doing some groundhopping from time to time, so I think I might have an idea for which kind of information you are looking for

First question (out of curiosity): Where is your interest for our club coming from? Have you seen them before?

Tips for before the game:

Personally, I don't go to Pubs before kick-off. At most games, you can buy beer at the ground in one of the dozens local beer stands in front of the stadium. As Eintracht - Werder most probably will not be categorized as a "high-risk match", they will sell regular/alcoholic beer for a very reasonable price. Exepcially as a fan from abroad, it will give you lots of opportunities to do meet some local fans and do some pre-match singing. Actually, this internet forum has a regular meeting before home games and I am pretty sure you are highly welcome to drop by and have some drinks.

Alternatively, you can go to a large Irish Pub on the opposite side of Central Station (Hauptbahnhof) called O'Reillys. There are always fans before kick off, but as you have plenty of these Pubs in your home country, this might not be too thrilling.

Tips for during the game:

Singing and having a great time. By the way: you can also buy beer in the stadium, but the quality is quite poor (depending on what you are used to in Northern Irleand smile:

Tips for after the game:

Go to Old Sachsenhausen (famous Pub District in Frankfurt, across the Main River). There you have plenty of bars with hundreds of fans after final whistle (one of them being "Klapper 33"). Also check out http://www.bembelbar.de, these guys always are fun to visit!!

Drop me a note if you have any further questions.

Cheers!
#
Hi, and thanks for the advice.

Our interest comes from the fact that we all support different local teams at home and decided to choose a common team abroad that we could all support. We chose Eintracht Frankfurt as we have been to the city before and enjoyed Frankfurt as a place, and after doing a lot of research on the football club we think it is quite fitting for us.

Yes, bascially, we just want to meet somewhere before the match with like-minded fans who are up for a few drinks and a bit of singing.

Where does the forum meet? Outside the grounds at one of the beer stands?

Cheers
#
You definitely chose the right team  
Just take the trains S8/S9 from the central station to the stadium and follow all the fans you can't get lost and you will have the possibility to meet local fans and join the singing.
I met two english guys at the stadium once, one was working in Frankfurt and invited his friend over from London and we had a little talk.
Always great to see the SGE is attracting people from other countries, so keep on going and tell others about Eintracht Frankfurt as well.  
#
Hello RedHandEagles,

I'm an Eintracht fan from/who lives in Dublin. Very interested to hear of your supporters club in Northern Ireland.

I try to get over to Frankfurt whenever I can. I have been to 4 games this season - (A) Werder Bremen, (H) Vfl Bochum, (H) Borussia M, (H) Vfl Wolfsburg.

All I can say is that you are definitely in for a great occasion supporting a great team in a fantastic stadium. Prepare for cold weather  - It was minus
15 oC in the stadium for the most recent Wolfsburg game. Brrrrrrrrrr.

Go to:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVek_LtJzy8

O'Reillys in central frankfurt (near Hauptbahnhof) is a very good pub for both home and away fans.
#
Hi,

How often does the S8/S9 run

what's the very latest we should be getting the train from central station, to get to the game before kick off.

thanks
#
I would not recommend getting an S8 or S9 from Central Station on a Saturday Afternoon. It can be very busy and trains can be delayed. The train may not necessarily be underground either and if you're not familiar with the very massive Hauptbahnhof then you will waste time looking for your platform.

Getting an S8/S9 from another station (Hauptwache, Konstablerwache, Taunuslaunge maybe) is far better. Fairly frequent trains (every 10 mins or so)

Much more recommended is a tram just outside O'Reillys (Going to "Stadion"). Takes 15-20 mins to reach the stadium.

Or a taxi.
#
So? What was your impression?
#
They seem to be speechless. ^^

Teilen