>

Will HB ever bring Eintracht back to its old days?

#
I closely follow Eintracht Frankfurt and the kind of progress it has been making in the last years. To my dismay Eintracht seems to remain stagnant despite playing in one of the best stadium in Europe. The stadium is mostly filled up to its full capacity, Frankfurt is Germans financial heart and with the second biggest Airport in Europe, a home of most top world Airlines. But what makes Eintracht stagnant? Anybody who watched the last game against Leverkusen could easily recongonize that Eintracht has no quality players on the squad. Even a Morino,Hitzfeld or Capello will never bring eintracht to the next level with these kind of players. A player like Nikolov is a good second division goalkeeper. Whenever Eintracht plays a top team he makes wrong decisions. He did it Against Hamburg, Stuttgart and Munich. But what makes a person to make a wrong decision? 80 % of the answer is cowardice and lack of courage. An example is a driver with no self confidence will always make wrong decisions and cause accidents. Its not only Nikolov but players like spycher, Libero,Köhler or Meier do not enter the field with confidence whenever they play a top Team.  These are typical second division players. A player like Caio underrates the situation and the speed in the Bundesliga. No wonder Skibbe sent him under the showers just after 20 minutes. He lost the ball that resulted to 3.0 and was not energetic enough to win back the ball . Teber is a player who is always at the wrong position at the wrong time and is either too late or is just too early with his pass. That could be clearly could be seen before 1.0 for Leverkusen. Castro was alone at the far post because Maik Franz had to help the two central defenders. In such a situation it is the duty of the right midfielder to cover the opponents left wing. But the blame can not be put on the players alone. Eintracht Frankfurts executives have messed up in their duties in the last three years. A good example is the poor invention on new sign ups. 4.5 Million for Caio, 3,8 million for Fenin, 2,5 Millions for Korkmarz, 2,5 Million for Bellaid yet letting a player like Fink who was good for 4 goals per season to move.Takahara, Kyriakos, Streit are another few to mention. In replacement Eintracht signed a 33 years old slow striker ( Libero) a good division 2 player(Teber) and an ever injured korkmarz. Can somebody tell me why Petkovic was given a three year contract ?, Why did Eintracht sign in Madhavikia with a four years contract yet let a player of high quality like Lincoln go? When I read that HB says that Amanatidis is irresplaceble then i ask how long does he want to rely on Amanatidis. What happens when he is injured like now? Fact is eintracht needs another top striker.
A good Bundeliga club must have a link on their homepage where fans can sign in as members. In this homepage there is nowhere i can sign in as a member of the club.Why are Eintrachts executives ignoring this source of income?
Skibbe is right when he says eintracht must wake up and invest in the next one and half years or the future of the club is bleak. HB Should work more in such of Investors instead of attending TV shows and blowing critics on the teams performance.
#
Munro,

I think that you're slightly over-reacting to a very disappointing defeat to Leverkusen last week.

I agree with your assertion that the potential of the club to achieve so much more is definitely there. However your attack on basically the entire team is justifiable in some respects but not in others.

I was at the first game - the 3 - 2 victory in Bremen - and many of the players you are criticising played exceptionally well that day - Teber, Meier and Fenin (in the second half). Indeed Bremen remain undefeated since and are 2nd in the table. Why is it that such excellent performances only happen on occasion and rarely away from home?

In my view there appears to be serious weaknesses in defence. Look at the goal Hannover scored recently - some defenders were basically watching the attack as it unfolded into an equaliser for them. Only two clean sheets so far tells its own story - and it is up to Skibbe to sort that out. I would not have Nikolov in goal but since Proll is injured then there really is no choice for the moment.  

I don't agree with your assessment of Liberopoulous - He rarely gives the ball away, is excellent in the air and scored vital goals last season - which could have us in the 2nd division if they hadn't have been scored. Attackers can look very vulnerable to attack when the team plays as badly as it did last week.

The next games until the winter break are vital - All is not lost  . . . . . the 3 home games against B. Moen, Mainz and Wolfsburg are all very winnable -
#
I too closely follow Eintracht, a bit too much of my life is affected by them and after Friday I was so distraught and my weekend was totally in the crapper.  Let’s just say that the pub had to keep the liquid refreshments flowing to alleviate the pain.  I am only coming to soccer websites today due to this!!!  

Both of you have some valid points and I agree with a bunch of what you are saying but I think there is a couple of things that aren’t being said.  I think we all have to remember that players are only as good as a system in which they play in.  Under Funkel the system was extremely defensive and because of that you could get away with one striker and some complementary players. You score on the counter and then try and hold the lead I.e. Ugly Football!!!  The rest of the players were not really required to be all stars under Funkel and as a unit you can make up for that.  He signed players that fit his system.  Skibbe is trying to change the style of the play with players that don't fit the system so there are going to be times when they play extremely bad (i.e. neverkusen).  The defense against Leverkusen was so bad that just about everyone was not marked.  I think I could of made a run from the pub and put the ball on net     .  When Skibbe brings in players that fit his system I think that you are going to see a whole new team and hopefully they can compete for the title and spots in Europe.  By being able to compete year in and year out you will be able to keep players like Streit, Jones, and Sotiris because you will have more money to spend and they have the platform that they wish to compete on.  In addition, you can take a few more chances on youngsters that may work out instead of letting them go and develop someplace else (i.e. Marin).

Now with this said, I think there should be a good run over of the management and scouting departments from the top to bottom.  (As you will see, I am not a big fan of HB).  I mean how can you sign a player before even appointing a coach.  I believe it was Franz or Teber that was signed prior to the coach.  The coach should have final say on all players as it is his vision that we have entrusted for him to complete and this tells me a lot of the egos and who wants to be in control.  This is where Eintracht will have to re-evaluate  their strategy.  Maybe it is time to clear out the management as it doesn’t seem to be working.  Bring in new ideas of how things are run.  As for the scouting and youth systems, besides Sebastian Jung, there is not much in the pipeline for the near future and this is something that is vital to having success.  Fahrman (signed) and him are the future of the team.  I am sure that there may be others but these are the only ones that I hear about, it is harded to follow in the US.  Skibbe is right that we need to be careful or the stockpile will be nonexistent in no time at all.  

I could go on but I think I have to do some work and let you guys read and reply to my comments.  I know that you will have some different opinions than mine so don't be to rough on me……  ,-)  ,-)  ,-)  ,-)
#
I dont like how much recent results influence people's opinions on the overall concept of the club.i remember after the win on opening day in Bremen everyone was sure that we were gonna be at the top of the table and make the champions league.i think we should really try and look past the last game or two but look at the progress this team has made in the years under Funkel and what Skibbe has done or failed to do.

I was a very strong supporter of Funkel for another year or two. I didnt see the team at a point where they could take the next spot.for this next step that Skibbe has so media-effectively talked about there needs to be an upgrade on the players general quality in many positions.When Ama is injured who the hell is supposed to fill that gap.I know that HB keeps trying to appease everyone by saying that Libero's and Fenin's combined quality are supposed to be sufficient, but thats not how it should be.We dont have two quality attackers who can be counted on to score a certain number of goals a season.

And thats only the front line.The one thing i have been a fan of under Skibbe is that he wants to take that step in the quality of players that are acquired.I mean by now we all know that Caio has failed and as much as we dont like it because our dreams and hopes were connected to him he will never be able to help us on a regular basis.Trying for players like Lincoln is in my mind the right step.I am not talking about buying washed up veterans who had their glory days like Koln is doing right now.But a player who clearly has the potential to be the centre piece to an offense or an entire team has to be more seriously considered that HB did.

I am not even going to get started about the defense and goaltending because by the time you read this one of them will be injured or have had a disastrous game in which the player caused 2-3 goals.

Quite honestly the one thing that I long for most right now is consistency.I would be just fine with a solid season without all the god damn ups and downs and 11 players we can actually call starters.

Alright I'm out.Please read and give me feedback on my points.youre welcome to disagree

Teilen