>

Newcastle

#
My dear Frankfurters there are rumours that the game will be switched to Weds Nov 29. If this is the case there will be a lot of angry people (like myself ) who have already booked flights/hotels for the 30th.
Any information will be gratefully received:

Fans warned on Germany tripOct 12 2006
By Lee Ryder, The Evening Chronicle
Newcastle United fans have been warned to take care when making their arrangements for the trip to Eintracht Frankfurt next month.

The UEFA Cup match is still scheduled for Thursday, November 30 which means United face a gruelling trip to Chelsea on Saturday, December 2, less than 48 hours after the game in Germany.

United would love Chelsea to switch the game to the Sunday but with the Stamford Bridge side facing Levski Sofia in the Champions League at home on Tuesday, December 5, Jose Mourhino's side are naturally reluctant to change things around despite their mammoth squad. An alternative for United would be to move the Eintracht game to Wednesday, 24 hours earlier than the scheduled date.

But that would leave several groups of United fans in limbo because many have booked flights to Frankfurt on the day of the game with easyJet from Stanstead which means they would arrive in Germany the day after the game.

The date is still subject to final confirmation but United said today: "Any fans planning on going to Germany for the Frankfurt game are reminded the date of the game remains subject to confirmation by UEFA, and supporters must remain mindful of that when making their travel arrangements. Usually, whenever an English team plays a UEFA Cup game on a Thursday night their next domestic fixture is put back to a Sunday - but this can only happen where the other team does not have another game within three days.

"As a result, Newcastle have made representations to UEFA, the FA and the Premier League in a bid to resolve the matter.

"If it is decided the Frankfurt game goes ahead on November 30, then another possibility is for the Chelsea fixture to be rescheduled for a date in the new year and for the weekend of December 2/3 to be blank

#
I'll put my head on the block and say I can't see UEFA allowing it to happen. Nothing is allowed to compete with the Champions League TV franchise.

We had to play Hamburg forty hours after playing Brondby away in the last round.

Having said that I'd have a better chance of getting to the game if it's on the Wednesday.
#
Call me cynical but I wonder if EasyJet and Ryanair are represented on the UEFA board.  It's in their interest to delay confirming the date so that by the time they do, the flights will be extortionate.  I've also booked my flight for the Thursday but it's with Lufthansa and cost £70.  I imagine in a week or so the "budget" airlines will be charging around £200.  I remember playing Mallorca a few years ago and within minutes of the draw, all flights out of the UK were at least £200.  I suppose there's always a risk of booking early though.  Bastards.    
#
Argonaut schrieb:
Dortelweil-Adler schrieb:
The beer around the Waldstadion is nonalcoholic on UEFA-Cup days.

Not quite true.
They were selling "normal" beer vs Brondby outside the stadium.

Okay, there is no alcoholic beer in the stadium and at the official caterer's stalls (labelled Arena Snack or Aramark). I guess there is one stall at the Gleisdreieck (Wach?)(back side of the stadium), I'm pretty sure there is one at the streetcar station (country kitchen?)( in front of the stadium) and a few between railway station and Gleisdreieck.

If you come from the railway station bringing your own beer you should hide it, visible bottles might be taken away by the security forces.

DA
#
Hey we're about 16 danes going to the game, we're from the danish Newcastle fan club. We have already ordered tickets for the neutral area, just next to the NUFC area. Can you still wear NUFC shirts inside the stadium in neutral areas, will the stewards kick us out or ? The comments you have made looks nice, I hope both teams advance to next round and that we may have a good and well played game.
#
Nufcmichael schrieb:
Hey we're about 16 danes going to the game, we're from the danish Newcastle fan club. We have already ordered tickets for the neutral area, just next to the NUFC area. Can you still wear NUFC shirts inside the stadium in neutral areas, will the stewards kick us out or ? The comments you have made looks nice, I hope both teams advance to next round and that we may have a good and well played game.

Well I also have tickets with the Frankfurt fans, at the other side of the stadium to NUFC fans and I will NOT be wearing my shirt.  I hope to get a ticket for the away end but if not then I'll go in normal clothes as it's not worth the risk.  I think the Frankfurt fans would be OK but the Police may not.  Also, what would do you WHEN we score?  I think that is the main problem.  I will not be quiet so hopefully if I get thrown out it will be the 90th minute and we'd have just scored the winner!    
#
I think we have 3 tickets available just next to the NUFC fans, if you should be interested...
#
Nufcmichael schrieb:
I think we have 3 tickets available just next to the NUFC fans, if you should be interested...

I may well be interested.  I would need 2 tickets.  Are they together?  My brother doesn't speak German so would prefer to sit with me.  I already have tickets but it would be better to be with other fans.  Don't hold them specially for me as I need to think about it but you can always e-mail me if you want on dasflenst@gmail.com to arrange something.  

Cheers
#
Hey the tickets are in 17M, but not together, but very close to each other, dunno if that works for you, i'll get the details for you of how close later...
#
Nufcmichael schrieb:

Thats not a problem, its only forbidden in the Frankfurt-Supporters area behind the goal on the westside of the stadium and thats the opposite side of yours. Hope you enjoy the game and our lovely city.
#
hmm have a bit of a problem, they sent me the tickets today but expect the money to be on their account on tuesdag, which is impossible from a danish bank to a german. I hope they have a solution to this...
#
Nufcmichael schrieb:
hmm have a bit of a problem, they sent me the tickets today but expect the money to be on their account on tuesdag, which is impossible from a danish bank to a german. I hope they have a solution to this...

You should try to contact the Ticketing-Service and tell them about your problem, they're open tomorrow from 10-14 h, even by phone 0180-5060303 or online to Ticketing on this site:
http://www.eintracht.de/kontakt/
#
Thank you for the help
#
Could you solve the payment problem, Michael?
#
Now that it has been confirmed that the game will definitely take place on the 30th is anyone able to tell me if (like the World Cup) posession of a match ticket entitles the holder to free travel on the local transport?
Your help is much appreciated.
Regards
Jimmy-the-Gent.
#
Hey Jimmy,

YES, your ticket includes free local transportation for the match day (buses, tram, metro, s-bahn)!

Have fun in Frankfurt.

Tuaniz  
#
Local transportation is covered by the tickets.

Cheers!
#
Hi,

can somebody tell me if it is true that Alan Shearer was always scared of Roy Keane  ,-) ?
#
tuaniz schrieb:
Hey Jimmy,

YES, your ticket includes free local transportation for the match day (buses, tram, metro, s-bahn)!

Have fun in Frankfurt.

Tuaniz  

Tuaniz, thanks for your reply.
Will the free transport be for the whole day or just for a certain period of time? I don't want to be fined €40 for not having a valid ticket!
We WILL have fun in Frankfurt.
J-T-G
#
Ticket usually covers transportation 5 hours before/after kick off (at season matches, but I am sure the same goes for UEFA Cup). Could someone verify this?

Teilen