>

Great result tonight!

#
Okay, it was only our first away win, but we're up to seventh!

It should also give us confidence in the next two games, both of which are eminently winable.
#
Indeed we made some progress lately. Two victories in a row are pleasing, although the victory against M'Gladbach was kind of lucky. The best about toady's victory is certainly the way the team presented itself in the first half. Some players seem to slowly recover from their underperfromance, namely Meier and Takahra, I hope this trend is continuing. Others though seem to get worse, Amanatidis for example. Can't imagine a team where all players play at maximum, as we have witnessed last season in the week when we won against Schalke 06 and Cologne. Hope Thurk, Fink, Amanatidis, Meier and Takahara will be able to stabilize their performance so that we will be even more competitive. Also Jones and Chris will definitely complement (understatement!) our roster so that other players as Fink can rest once in a while. Still, there is a huge potential for improvements especially when it comes to our strikers and midfielders. The Defense is doing very well, especially Russ is really impressing me.

Ok, bottom line:
Great combination football in the first half, relatively few chances for Cottbus and another victory. Almost achieved our benchmark for the first half of the season! Nice! Combinations could be more fluent and quick though and we should try to score more than just one goal per match to "make the sack zu" early !

Greetz from Maastricht to all foreign supporters
Inispinis
#
Of course, this week can be unforgivable for all of us. It's possible make 3 victories this week against Cottbus (yesterday) and against Bielfeld in Frankfurt and in Bochum. Like I thought at the begining of the season, Takahara can begin a VIP (very important player) for EF. If Funkel decided to play with 2 forwards like Amanatidis and Takhara we could become unstopable. Go Ahead Eagles! ,-)

Teilen