>

The New Season - what do you think?

#
Well Lads and Lassies,

Bayern Munchkins won 3-0 tonight against Gladbach and the rest of the fodder play tomorrow. We play the Alka-Seltzers of Leverkeusen on Sunday. The BL is back!

So what do you all think? I've seen us play Besiktas and KSC in the pre-season friendlies and reckon that we did okay and played well as a unit both times, albeit with quite different teams.

My guess is that we'll play with a fairly settled defence through the season, based on Pröll with Ochs, Rehmer, Vassi and Spycher in front of him, and other players slotting in when suspensions, injuries and loss of form take their toll.

After that it's anyone's guess. I honestly wouldn't like to be Funkel making the selection for Sunday. He'll fit Jones in somewhere. Van Lent and Cha will probably start, but I'd imagine that Ama and Lexa will also play at some stage.

We played our best football last season with a flexible 4-4-2, soaking up the pressure and hitting teams with blazingly fast counter attacks. Playing against better teams this season, I don't see it being much different.

We are in a much better position than two years ago. We have a really good coach for a start. Funkel has built a big happy squad of players of similar ability, though they are at different levels of development. If he can keep them happy, I think we can go far this season.

While I don't really expect us to achieve much until the second half of the season we could spring a surprise on Sunday. L'affaire Franca doesn't indicate that all is well in the Leverkeusen camp. They don't travel well, anyway, and our home record is second to none. With nearly 50,000 in the Waldstadion on Sunday evening, I'm going for a 2-1 win.

Anyone else want to make a prediction.

BTW, the English language section of the Fanabteilung site will go live as soon as we recover from Sunday's exertions, which probably means next Tuesday. Match reports, news, and anything else we can think of, it'll all be there. So stay tuned.

Keep the Faith
#
My prediction:

2-1

Just like the away game two years ago!

Thanx for the information Hoop. I always look forward to reading your posts!

Dimitris
#

F-Hoop schrieb:
BTW, the English language section of the Fanabteilung site will go live as soon as we recover from Sunday's exertions, which probably means next Tuesday. Match reports, news, and anything else we can think of, it'll all be there. So stay tuned.

Look here:

http://international.fanabteilung.de

Teilen