>

Tough Shit! (v Duisberg)

#
A tough day at the office for Eintracht. Both sides started tentatively but the game was decided by an exquisite 8th minute goal from Ahanfouf. He received the ball in a relatively safe area on the left hand side of midfield, and just let loose with a withering shot. Pröll had no chance. In all fairness it was an exquisite goal, and well worthy to put the visitors into the first division.

Eintracht had the lion’s share of possession after that, but failed to convert this into goals. The Duisburg keeper, man of the match in my opinion, commanded his area brilliantly and kept them in the game. The Eintracht pressure finally paid off with the award of a penalty in the 35th minute. The goalkeeper was equal to Meier’s spot kick and Duisburg breathed again.

The second half was more of the same. Eventually we made changes, but I think we made them too late, Weissenberger was introduced in the 65th minute. His fresh legs brought more urgency to affairs. But there were nearly 80 minutes on the clock when Lexa and Beierle were let loose. Both players are short of match fitness, and it showed. Twenty minutes might have given them a chance to make an impact.

The substitutions left holes in our midfield that Duisberg exploited, but Pröll was imperious and shut out their few chances.

The main things to take from tonight’s performance are: that everyone played well; their keeper was inspired, and that I’d rather have our points than those of the teams below us.

Keep the Faith
#
Amen!
#
Hääääää? Was????Wo Du wolle??

Teilen