>

I hate Munich (v TSV)

#
Our second trip to Munich of the season and we come away with nothing again! And yet again the home side get a dodgy penalty. I can't claim to have seen the incident, it was 200m away from me at the other end. But the ref took a long time to make the call and friends who saw it on TV said it was no penalty. One of the Munich papers I saw this mornig said it was harsh.

No real analysis of the game here, I was too far away to clearly see what went on.

Munich started brightly and were gifted an early goal. The Frankfurt back four played a very high line and were caught out. TSV had two players through on Pröll and he had no chance. They had a couple of chances after that but Frankfurt came back into the game and Van Lent poached a goal at the very end of the first half, leaving it a fair 1-1 at half-time.

Five minutes into the second half, the ref gifted them the lead with the penalty. After that it was mostly Frankfurt. On another night we would have scored two or three, but Ochs was in great form and pulled off some very good saves. Same result as our trip to Unterhaching, but there was no shame in this defeat. We played them off the park, particularly in the second half and were desperately unlucky to lose.

I don't think TSV will go up. They are simply not good enough, and their run will come to an end in the next couple of weeks. Their players go down like have been shot at any hint of a tackle. They deserve nothing. Another point, the official attendance was over 20,000. Bild-Zeitung gave it as 24,000. I'd say it was only around 10,000. The stadium was empty.

The main thing is that this was one of our better performances away from home. If we keep it up we can still finish third.

Keep the Faith
#
I`ve got the same opinion about Munich.It doesn`t matter if TSV 1860 or Bayern. They never will be like Eintracht.And if we would play in the 3rd or 4th league we would have still more people in the stadium.Or would you in go to a club like TSV 1860?
#

F-Hoop schrieb:
Another point, the official attendance was over 20,000. Bild-Zeitung gave it as 24,000. I'd say it was only around 10,000. The stadium was empty.

The main thing is that this was one of our better performances away from home. If we keep it up we can still finish third.

Keep the Faith

I was at the empty stadion too. Maximum 14.000.

Teilen