>

What about Köln (Cologne)?

#
After we started well into the season our next league match will be an away match against Cologne. Although only two games into the season the pressure is mounting tremendously on our next opponent Cologne. Their target was at the beginning of this season the direct return to the 1st league. Should they loose this match against us (which I think will be the case) the mood will drop to an all time low. Cologne is very worried about this match which can be seen in their forum.

We, on the other hand, started better into the season and the moral amongst players as well as supporters here is very high. I must add however, that although with a good start our supporters enjoy the current success with great caution. As mentioned, I strongly believe that we will not give away any points in Cologne. Either win or equalize. Nothing else.
#
Let's get over tomorrow first. Erfurt away will not be easy. But a win there would set things up nicely for Monday week. Also let's hope that Wolfsburg thrash Köln on Sunday and leave their confidence in tatters!
#

F-Hoop schrieb:
Let's get over tomorrow first. Erfurt away will not be easy. But a win there would set things up nicely for Monday week. Also let's hope that Wolfsburg thrash Köln on Sunday and leave their confidence in tatters!

You are absolutely right. I am a bit euphoric myself and can only approve your words.
#
Whoops! Köln's Amateurs had Wolfsburg.

Yesterday's was an important result for us. Despite the fact the Pröll had to make some vital saves and it got a bit ragged towards the end, I think we deserved the win. Playing into the wind made crosses and shots a bit of a lottery in the first half, but we still controlled the game. In the second half it opened up a bit more, but we were still creating the better chances. Erfurt hadn't much to offer until the last ten minutes when Funkel's pressing game took it's toll in the heat. Once the weather cools down we should be controlling games for the full 90 minutes. All in all, another good performance which should set the players up nicely for Köln.

BTW, congratulations to the players for climbing over the building site to come over to the supporters after the game.
#
For Koeln this game is even more important than for us, as you have already mentioned.
But if we can play as powerful as against Erfurt and are able to keep the team of Stevens forced into their side, everything's possible.

Beside that, the support will be as its' best!!
#

We'll have at least 5,000 – for a Monday night away game!

I don't know about Köln, except they were crap last season, even when we lost up there.

I'd take the 9/4 Oddest are giving on Frankfurt. It'll be cool (18C) on Monday night, and I think Funkel's possession/pressing game will reap dividends.

Karlsruhe and Erfurt were both solid performances from a team that are still learning. All IMHO. I'll be hoping to recoup my costs of travelling to the game, from Oddset, of course!

Teilen