>

Bitter sweet experience, but amazing all the same...

#
Hello Eintracht Frankfurt fans,

My name is Alan and I am a passionate Rangers supporter from Glasgow.

I was in Seville last week to watch our two clubs play in the Final of the Europa League and I must say although the match result left me very disappointed verging on heart broken, the experience will love with me for a very long time.

I honestly believe both clubs where in the Final on merit and thoroughly deserved to be there. I was also at the 2008 Uefa Cup Final in Manchester when Rangers played Zenit St Petersburg and lost that match 2-0. It took me a long time to get over losing that Final and even still I dont like the mention of the club Zenit...

Although I am hugely disappointed in the result last week I somehow do not hold the same grudge against Frankfurt as I do Zenit. Maybe its because I recognise a club with a rich history and feel although its never good to lose a Final, its better to lose against a club who has a history to back up being in a European Final.

The morning after the match I was in Jerez Airport waiting on my flight home to Glasgow which ended up being delayed for around 10 hours. I was standing talking to my fellow supporters when a German Gentleman approached me and asked if he could speak to me. Obviously I said ofcourse and asked him what he would like to speak to me about. He went on to explain that he had promised his father a (Rangers/Frankfurt) scarf from the trip as a memento but he had not managed to get one. I had a Rangers scarf on me and told him he could take that one for his father and I also gave him a Union Flag with a Europa Trophy printed on it aswell.

All in all the experience I had meeting Frankfurt fans was very good and I can honestly say although hugely disappointed in losing the Final I will always keep an eye out for Frankfurt results in the future.

I wish your Club all the best going forward and who knows maybe one day we may well meet again in European competition, maybe even in another Final!!

Well done on your historic achievement and hopefully your club can build on this success..

From Alan, Glasgow Rangers Fan.
#
Hello Alan,

it was an honour to met your club in such an amazing final. Good luck to scottland and we´ll meet again one day.
#
Hi Alan,
thanks a lot for sharing your experiences and feelings here! We really appreciate it.
All the best to you and the Rangers!
#
Hi Alan,

congratulations for the victory against the Hearts on Saturday.

I have a coffee cup from your Rangers for several years, a Scottish colleague (Celtic fan) gave it for me after I told him about my sympathies for the Rangers. The cup was and is always in action next to my Eintracht Frankfurt coffee cups.

I like the Rangers and hope we see us again!

Tom
#
Hello Eintracht Frankfurt fans,

My name is Alan and I am a passionate Rangers supporter from Glasgow.

I was in Seville last week to watch our two clubs play in the Final of the Europa League and I must say although the match result left me very disappointed verging on heart broken, the experience will love with me for a very long time.

I honestly believe both clubs where in the Final on merit and thoroughly deserved to be there. I was also at the 2008 Uefa Cup Final in Manchester when Rangers played Zenit St Petersburg and lost that match 2-0. It took me a long time to get over losing that Final and even still I dont like the mention of the club Zenit...

Although I am hugely disappointed in the result last week I somehow do not hold the same grudge against Frankfurt as I do Zenit. Maybe its because I recognise a club with a rich history and feel although its never good to lose a Final, its better to lose against a club who has a history to back up being in a European Final.

The morning after the match I was in Jerez Airport waiting on my flight home to Glasgow which ended up being delayed for around 10 hours. I was standing talking to my fellow supporters when a German Gentleman approached me and asked if he could speak to me. Obviously I said ofcourse and asked him what he would like to speak to me about. He went on to explain that he had promised his father a (Rangers/Frankfurt) scarf from the trip as a memento but he had not managed to get one. I had a Rangers scarf on me and told him he could take that one for his father and I also gave him a Union Flag with a Europa Trophy printed on it aswell.

All in all the experience I had meeting Frankfurt fans was very good and I can honestly say although hugely disappointed in losing the Final I will always keep an eye out for Frankfurt results in the future.

I wish your Club all the best going forward and who knows maybe one day we may well meet again in European competition, maybe even in another Final!!

Well done on your historic achievement and hopefully your club can build on this success..

From Alan, Glasgow Rangers Fan.
#
Hello Alan,

welcome here and tank you for your kind words and sharing your experiences and gratulations for winning the Scottish cup last weekend!

All the best for your Rangers! Our way hopefully will cross again somewhere along our trips around Europe!
#
Hi Alan,

just to let you know, that there's mutual respect: There's a podcasting group called FuĂźball 2000, all die-hard Frankfurt supporters and maybe a little bit the unofficial voice of Eintracht fans (some here will disagree, of course).

In their latest episode (https://youtu.be/hWaPQ-ktGH0), they recap their experience in Seville. Starting at 29:15 in the video, they talk about the respect they have for the sportsmanship and grace the Rangers fans showed in the most heartbreaking defeat this sport has to offer. They were approached by Rangers on the street after the game, exchanging hand shakes and hugs. Fantastic spirit.

I can only echo that. I was so glad Rangers knocked out RB Leipzig (who is hated in most of Germany for being richly funded by a soda company), because then even if my Eintracht lost, at least there would be an equally deserving winner. It felt a little bit like a glimpse of "good old football" in an ever more commercialized business.
#
Alan, your club and your supporters are nothing but class.
I was hoping so hard you guys would beat that PR-monster that is RB Leipzig so we would have this dream final together. You did not disappoint!
Losing in penalties is always a tough pill to swallow, we know that since 2019 when we lost to Chelsea in the semis, but rest assured that Rangers weren't losers on that day in Seville.
Trust me when I say I wouldn't have believed that another club would be able to outnumber us in Seville, you'll always have my sincere respect for that.
When Rangers were awarded their medals, I stood up in front of the telly and applauded. At times I almost felt sorry we won; if we were to lose, there couldn't have been a club more worthy to win it.
This final was the most amazing showcase and celebration of what makes football great: tradition, fairplay and passion on the court as well as in the ranks. No shady investors, no PR-stuff, just 2 teams with great tradition and 2 passionate, yet classy fangroups.
I will forever keep the memory of this day in my heart and that includes Rangers as well. From now on I will cheer for RFC as my number 2 club. Looking forward to meeting you again, having another final with you would be awesome.
Cheers and all the best for you personally as for your club.
#
Hi Alan,

just to let you know, that there's mutual respect: There's a podcasting group called FuĂźball 2000, all die-hard Frankfurt supporters and maybe a little bit the unofficial voice of Eintracht fans (some here will disagree, of course).

In their latest episode (https://youtu.be/hWaPQ-ktGH0), they recap their experience in Seville. Starting at 29:15 in the video, they talk about the respect they have for the sportsmanship and grace the Rangers fans showed in the most heartbreaking defeat this sport has to offer. They were approached by Rangers on the street after the game, exchanging hand shakes and hugs. Fantastic spirit.

I can only echo that. I was so glad Rangers knocked out RB Leipzig (who is hated in most of Germany for being richly funded by a soda company), because then even if my Eintracht lost, at least there would be an equally deserving winner. It felt a little bit like a glimpse of "good old football" in an ever more commercialized business.
#
Alphakeks schrieb:

There's a podcasting group called FuĂźball 2000, all die-hard Frankfurt supporters and maybe a little bit the unofficial voice of Eintracht fans (some here will disagree, of course).

Disagree, definitely.

But in any case, Alan: the Rangers performed a passionate, fair and absolutely impressing match. One single goal difference after 120 minutes plus penalty shootout speaks for itself. And as I have to confess: it's extremely rare that the fans of a competing club are in majority at matchtime. Would be a real pleasure to meet you Scottish guys again.

#
What I like most about the whole thing, is not only the mutual respect, but also the fact that we respected Rangers not only after winning the final, but also before.
And not chummed up to the Celtics, what we had the cheaper chance for ...
#
Since the final, I also follow the Rangers which is a fantastic club. The only club who outnumbered us in a final.

I hope you will experience the sweet taste of an international title very soon! Your great fans deserve it!

Forza Rangers đź‘Ź
#
Hi Alan,

really appreciate your kind post. It was a unique and unforgettable experience competing against you guys in the finals. I don't know how many shake-hands I had with Rangers fans before and after the match, they were countless. Even at 3am, being outnumbered 1 vs 200? (it was absolutely amazing to see how many of you traveled to Seville!) at a petrol station somewhere in the Spanish outback, nobody even swore at me.

Being a big supporter of Eintracht Frankfurt for almost 30 years, I have never witnessed anything like that before, during or after such an emotional and tight match. For me, this attitude of fairplay and respect felt (almost) as good as winning the trophy. Football at it's best after so many years of disappointment with plastic clubs such as Leipzig.

Don't get me wrong. I still love to hate our rivals such as Karlsruhe, Kaiserslautern, etc. They can go to h... But for the Rangers, I have deep sympathies since Wednesday last week.

Thank you! All the best to you and for your club. Cheers.
#
Having lived in Scotland, having Scottish friends who support Aberdeen or Raith Rovers, I have never had a lot of sympathies for Rangers. But the days in Seville have changed that definitely. Your warmheartedness and your sportsmanship is second to none. Thank you very much indeed for making this final outstandingly special.

I honestly admit that I would most probably not have had your greatness and sportsmanship after losing this final. But you showed us how it can and should be. If we ever lose a final again, I will follow your example.

Thank you, Alan. Thank you, Rangers.
#
Thanks for your goosebump words Alan. Since Seville, Rangers will always have a place in
my heart.
#
Hello Alan
that was indeed an outstanding experience to meet you rangers fans in Jerez and Sevilla
We have been sitting together to drink and enjoy the final and we definitely made new friends

In a bar I ran into James "Jimmy" Weir, the last Scottish guy that scored twice against Eintracht for Göttingen05 in the DFB Pokal in 1983 and from the first moment on it felt like we have known for decades. We shared food and drinks for hours - and we shared our joy about this legendary game we were about to experience
We wished each other luck for the game deep from our hearts and that is so friendly connected and true like something I have never experienced with fans of another team.
I will definitely keep in contact with Jimmy and I hope that the game has left us all with new friends

If we are all lucky than it will not take another 62 years till we meet again on the pitch
I really hope for that

Wish you and all the rangers best of luck
with the kindest possible regards
Philadlerist
#
I can honestly say out of all the Clubs Rangers have played in Finals and lost to Frankfurt are a Club i cannot bring myself to dislike.

The whole experience in Seville, (apart from the result obviously) will live with me forever. I have never had a preference for any German team before although Bayern and Dortmund are two I had huge respect and admiration for. Now I will add Eintracht Frankfurt to teams I will look out for and wish all the best in your domestic competitions.

I would hope to one day attend one of your domestic games as your supporters are as passionate about your club as us Rangers fans are about ours. I would love to experience being in with your fans during a Bundesliga home match and feel the passion of your support as being one of you for a day...

#
You will always be welcome as one of our brothers! All the best!
#
I wish Eintracht all the best in next season Champions League and Bundesliga. I hope your club can now go on and build something special for you guys for years to come.

The colour and noise you brought to the Final in Seville was amazing đź‘Ź

I was bitterly disappointed that our own Ultras 'TIFO' was not allowed inside the stadium as the lads had spent a good bit of time and money on their display. The reason given by Spanish Police was that the flags where on bamboo sticks but this was all passed and verified by both Rangers and Uefa before the two vans carrying the display left Glasgow for Seville.
#
I wish Eintracht all the best in next season Champions League and Bundesliga. I hope your club can now go on and build something special for you guys for years to come.

The colour and noise you brought to the Final in Seville was amazing đź‘Ź

I was bitterly disappointed that our own Ultras 'TIFO' was not allowed inside the stadium as the lads had spent a good bit of time and money on their display. The reason given by Spanish Police was that the flags where on bamboo sticks but this was all passed and verified by both Rangers and Uefa before the two vans carrying the display left Glasgow for Seville.
#
AlanD schrieb:

Is this true?
If so, it hurts a lot.
I love a good Display and everything that comes with it.
That you have been denied this big and important stage saddens me a lot.
I am sorry that you got robbed of that moment.
Nevertheless: Keep your head up! They don't want us, they say they don't need us, but we showed them that day - both Rangers and Eintracht - what real football is about.

At the same time I love how good sports you all are about this.
And I totally understand your point of view - if we would've lost, I would still be proud that a real club with real fans and real passion would've made it.

We've beaten Bayern Munich for the DFB-Pokal - this came with malice and despice.
But the win against the Rangers comes with deepest respect and a big grin about how you support and feel for the club.

Hats off to you!

Teilen