>

Monchengladbach match tickets required

#
claret_macca schrieb:
As for Ings. If teams want a proper English striker that used to score goals for Burnley, Charlie Austin is a better bet!

And correct. English players are extremely reluctant to move abroad. I think this is one thing that hinders us at international level.  

The thing is that Ings is a free agent, Austin is still bound to his contract if I'm not mistaken. So he will cost a transfer fee. Of course that won't make it impossible for other clubs to approach him and his club. Just read that also ManU are interested in signing Ings - I wouldn't go there If I was in his position, there are way too many heavy weights in attack, even though RvP will leave in the summer.

Speaking about no players abroad: I am totally on your side on this topic. I am pretty sure it would have a positive impact on the Three Lions if some players make experiences in other leagues than the PL. It would be good for them to discover different philosophies of playing and tactics.

@ All people who still need tickets: There will be 400 tickets on sale at the box office tomorrow. Gladbach didn't use their full capacity, so these tickets go on general sale. It'll be seats close to the guest section of course but it's a very good opportunity nevertheless...  

@ All visitors from abroad: It would be nice to hear about your impressions and experiences from tomorrow's match. Feel free to share your thoughts here later on...  
#
@  Ltrain13 : Just replied to your PM so go check your inbox...!  
#
Hello guys.

What were your impressions?
#
Hi all. Firstly thanks for the heads up. We landed late in Stuttgart on Friday and then were held up in traffic. But we still managed to get to Frankfurt just in time.

There were touts outside the ground offering tickets at twice face value but we saw a ticket booth which were selling away section tickets. So whilst we wanted to go in the Frankfurt section we were pleased to just get tickets (45 Euro).

The atmosphere was pretty good, especially when the Frankfurt fans behind the goal were bouncing. The game was decent but its a shame it was 0-0.

I must say I wasn't overly impressed with Monchengladbach fans. The leader of the ultras wasn't particularly impressed with the Burnley Flag we took. We met some other fans who were fine though who we had a drink with. I also traded my Burnley shirt with him. Just a shame we didn't end up in the Frankfurt fans.

The stadium is very impressive and I even like the area its in even though it son the outskirts of the city. I also liked the fact that not only can you drink in your seat - people bring you drinks. I think its about time this was adopted in England and I think the fact that you can do this actually reduces the likelihood of trouble. Less queues and less of a rush to drink your beer very quickly.

Love Germany though and there is a lot not just on the footballing side that the british could learn from.

#
claret_macca schrieb:

I must say I wasn't overly impressed with Monchengladbach fans. The leader of the ultras wasn't particularly impressed with the Burnley Flag we took.  

Gladbach were missing a few of their own flags I noticed. Surprised they weren't happy with yours making up their numbers a bit!!

#
dc_edinburg schrieb:
claret_macca schrieb:

I must say I wasn't overly impressed with Monchengladbach fans. The leader of the ultras wasn't particularly impressed with the Burnley Flag we took.  

Gladbach were missing a few of their own flags I noticed. Surprised they weren't happy with yours making up their numbers a bit!!

No they also didnt like us being filmed and asked security to make us leave! But it wasnt a big deal and we actually ended up friends with another Monchengladbach couple of lads and gave them some burnley shirts!
#
First off, thanks again to Zicolov and all who took the time to provide so much info for our visit!

We had an excellent time at the match! Stood in the supporters end right behind the big flags (42B). Though a draw, I thought the match itself was pretty exciting and Eintracht had the better chances on net. The steady singing and chanting is something we rarely have at a US sporting event and it was really something to be in the middle of! I even attempted to join in with my poor grasp of the German language! The supporters around us were very friendly and happy to share space.  Food and drink was great and served before during and after which another big difference with US events. The cash card idea is good though I think automated kiosks would work better as we had to track down a guy in green on several occasions. The only negative I can say was that we were driven to the match by a friend rather than taking the train and were soon to be introduced to German TRAFFIC! We left Heidelberg at 17:30 and didn't arrive at the Waldstadion until 20:00! Once there we sat on the driveway through the woods for another half hour. SO, we didn't get in to the stadium until right at kick-off and had to scramble to find the cash card guy, buy much needed drink and food after 3 hours in the car, then run for the stands. I was disappointed we did not get to hang out prior to the match, but everything we did experience was a blast and now we know better for next time (and there will be a next time)!
#
Ltrain13 schrieb:
First off, thanks again to Zicolov and all who took the time to provide so much info for our visit!

We had an excellent time at the match! Stood in the supporters end right behind the big flags (42B). Though a draw, I thought the match itself was pretty exciting and Eintracht had the better chances on net. The steady singing and chanting is something we rarely have at a US sporting event and it was really something to be in the middle of! I even attempted to join in with my poor grasp of the German language! The supporters around us were very friendly and happy to share space.  Food and drink was great and served before during and after which another big difference with US events. The cash card idea is good though I think automated kiosks would work better as we had to track down a guy in green on several occasions. The only negative I can say was that we were driven to the match by a friend rather than taking the train and were soon to be introduced to German TRAFFIC! We left Heidelberg at 17:30 and didn't arrive at the Waldstadion until 20:00! Once there we sat on the driveway through the woods for another half hour. SO, we didn't get in to the stadium until right at kick-off and had to scramble to find the cash card guy, buy much needed drink and food after 3 hours in the car, then run for the stands. I was disappointed we did not get to hang out prior to the match, but everything we did experience was a blast and now we know better for next time (and there will be a next time)!  

Yes me too. We were stuck in the same traffic. Both to the ground and from Stuttgart airport to Stuttgart where we got the train to Frankfurt. We literally just made it. But England is worse for it!

Teilen