>

First time in Germany for football

#
Good evening guys. Me and two friends are coming over to frankfurt 3Rd of April for the weekend.  Got tickets for hannover game . Just wanted to know how to get the best experience possible  before during and after. I am a southampton fan but for this weekend  100% fankfurt  
#
Was told that you guy had the most passion in Europe . Keeping my fingers crossed For a rocking stadium . Probably won't get a reply so see you all at the game  ,-)
#
Of course we´re gonna reply to your thread. Its always nice to see people from other countries come to visit our magical Eintracht  

Do you already know where you´re gonna stay for the weekend ? Where are you and your friends gonna sit in the stadium (block) ?

Sachsenhausen is just a couple of minutes away from the stadium and its full of bars and pubs and from the Hauptbahnhof (main station) its also just 2 stops by S-Bahn to the stadium. Also there are many pubs (for example O´Reillys) at the Hauptbahnhof, so it really depends on what you and your friends are up to   Just stick to all the other Eintrachtfans when you arrive at the Hauptbahnhof and dont worry, we´re very hospitable here in frankfurt. You will have no problems finding other guys to have a drink or two. The atmosphere is great, but you should see for yourself and then judge, Im sure you´re gonna be excited though  
#
Block 23 k I think . Drinking is a definite Lol. Non of us speak german will that be an issue .
#
I'd suggest getting the train (SBahn S8/S9)  to the stadium and there are a lot of places to get a beer on the short walk to the stadium once you get to stadion bahnhof. Your football ticket will cover the travel to and from the game.

Hopefully you're not ones for going overseas and drinking in Irish bars. Sachsenhausen is a much better shout for after the game.

Once you scan your ticket you will need to buy a card to get beers (and pay a deposit for the "glass" so stick outside initially.

There are thousands of English speaking expats who choose not to learn German while working in Frankfurt so you'll get by easily. It's always good to learn a few basic words and phrases when going to different countries!

Enjoy your trip. Glad you never chose to go to Munich or Dortmund!!
You'll get a far better atmosphere.
#
And also many germans do speak english pretty good, so you wont have any problems. The only words you really need for the weekend are gonna be:

- Scheiss Hannover,
- Scheiss Schiri (referee),
- Äppler
- Handkäs mit Musik,
- EINTRACHT FRANKFURT ALLEZ !!!

Just kidding. Like I said before, you will be fine even if you only speak english. Make sure to try out Äppler at least. but keep in mind that this is a hessisch specialitiy and not everybody can stand it  

Have a nice weekend and feel free to ask for any further information.

Teilen