>

Drink before the game

#
Hi guys,

Myself and 10 friends have tickets to the game in April against Werder Bremen. Can anyone recommend where to grab a couple of drinks before the game? From my research there doesn't appear to be any pubs next to the stadium. We are staying at the IBIS Frankfurt Centrum and will get the train to the stadium.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
#
hey rosco,

you´re gonna be right at the Hauptbahnhof, there is a pub called o´reillys. Since the game is on friday, its a little different than on saturday, but still there will be enough eagles before the game. from the hauptbahnhof its 2 stops to the stadium (frankfurt niederrad, frankfurt stadion) if you just follow the crowd, you´ll find plenty of places where you can grab a beer or two. after the game there will also be a couple of stands around the stadium, i also recommend you sachsenhausen, the "pub and drinking area" of frankfurt, its also easy to get to from the stadium. If you need more advices on gameday or dont know where to go, just ask the guys around you. Just dont wear a green shirt that day, people might give you dirty looks

by the way: where are you from ? im always amazed when people from other countries come to watch our mighty Eintracht play. i think  the atmosphere will also be great, since both teams have a big fanbase.
#
Thank you for your help. We are from Glasgow and we are coming for a stag doo. We are really looking forward to it.  I managed to get us the 2014-15 3rd strip the blue one. So we will all be wearing them. Thanks again
#
Thank you for your help. We are from Glasgow and we are coming for a stag doo. We are really looking forward to it.  I managed to get us the 2014-15 3rd strip the blue one. So we will all be wearing them. Thanks again
#
Sláinte Rosco39
Adlerjunge23 is right with his advice. The hint with green cloth,  it is Werder Bremen colours. Assume you are Celtic supporters enjoying to see the Eagles who in 1960 beat Rangers twice in the semi final. I remember Celtic fans found it hilarious and supported our eagles in the final vs Real Madrid in Glasgow. Of course you are welcome as Rangers supporter as well. I went to Waldstadion with Glasgow class mates (Celtic, Rangers),  there was no trouble between them - good pals.
To warm up with your trip check some info about frankfurt, in your case "Sachsenhausen" is best after the match and not far from the football ground. There are plenty of good pubs to enjoy in several suburbs but Sachsenhausen is a part pedestrianzed quarter with lots of pubs and restaurants.
As much I know, holders of a ticket for the match travel free on public transport from and to the ground. Otherwise
for public transport I advice to buy a group card (Gruppenfahrkarte), it is for up to 5 people (think it is a tenner or so  for all of you which is cheap). This ticket lasts for the whole day and night, bus, S-Bahn, tube, tram. Best to get further advice from Tourist office Hauptbahnhof after you arrived. You can even buy the group ticket on the vending machine if you understand German.
Further advice, no need to bring Whiskey as it will be cheaper here, same with beer but you will notice, best to come with lots of space in your luggage. Throw away your used underware, shirts,toothbrush, used condoms etc. and fill up your bag/suitcase with drinks and perhaps some items from Eintracht shop (within the stadium). Here some links to read:
generally :  http://wikitravel.org/en/Frankfurt     BUT   No need to book a guide like this  https://www.getyourguide.com/frankfurt-l21/frankfurt-night-pub-crawl-through-alt-sachsenhausen-t20843/  
You will find plenty of options on your own when you are in Sachsenhausen. Get used on the map with the aera of your hotel near main station (Hauptbahnhof), city center (Hauptwache, but it is just for shopping), and Sachsenhausen (eating, drinking and nightlife). For shagging or frigging in the rigging go back to red light district near Hauptbahnhof but be careful with your money and being too drunk. You will not deal with Germans there !!! I must not mention who you deal with so watch it there, it is definitively not Frankenstein.
Another warning: be careful with the local apple cider (Äbbelwoi, Äppler, Stöffsche) and Sauerkraut. British stomachs do not take well more than a glass and a small portion of Kraut. It work digestive so try it if, otherwise enjoy the good german beer and food. There is more than Frankenfurters to eat.
Now have a good time, enjoy the match and Frankenfurt city. I would not mind to meet with you but I am not living close to Frankenfurt and I am too old for stag doos, althought I have not passed my sell by date.  
Cheers and good luck for your revanche on England Brexit with the Scotixt.  
Remember: The battle of Culloden is not forgotten !!!

Teilen