>

Season 2016/17

#
Another match lost and another red card, should we be worried?
#
What went wrong in the Ingolstadt match? A red card, a missed penalty... Sure, those explain it a bit, but from the start it also looked like the team wasn't controlling the game. I believe up to Abraham's red card FCI was winning the ball possession.
#
arytsy schrieb:

What went wrong in the Ingolstadt match? A red card, a missed penalty... Sure, those explain it a bit, but from the start it also looked like the team wasn't controlling the game. I believe up to Abraham's red card FCI was winning the ball possession.

Well, the better question would be: What didn't go wrong?

The first goal we conceited after a corner that should have never ever been given. Ridiculous call from the ref, even den Ingolstadt players already turned around to go back into their own half. Should have made the ref wonder I suppose.  

Then we get the red card. Alright, that might be on the table because the foot was really high up, but he didn't see the attack coming, so you also had the option to go with a yellow card.

After that Vallejo left the field injured. He's irreplaceable for us this season, that's for sure.

Next up is the missed penalty by Hasebe who didn't wanted to take them in the first place. But the coach made the decision, so he took it and failed. I don't blame the player or the coach, if we had Fabian on the pitch he would have definitely taken it. But Hasebe put his third penalty this season to the exact same side, so it wasn't too difficult to make the safe. But those things happen, what can you do?

So in the second have the penalty for Ingolstadt is a 50/50 decision and might have been outside the box as well. It wasn't a really lucky day for Eintracht.

Well and if you've seen the Freiburg match... you'll have a lot of other stuff to talk about as well. That was refereeing on Sunday League level. That wasn't even funny anymore. Nothing but a poor performance by all of the officials.
#
arytsy schrieb:

The first goal we conceited after a corner that should have never ever been given. Ridiculous call from the ref, even den Ingolstadt players already turned around to go back into their own half. Should have made the ref wonder I suppose.  

Then we get the red card. Alright, that might be on the table because the foot was really high up, but he didn't see the attack coming, so you also had the option to go with a yellow card.

After that Vallejo left the field injured. He's irreplaceable for us this season, that's for sure.

Next up is the missed penalty by Hasebe who didn't wanted to take them in the first place. But the coach made the decision, so he took it and failed. I don't blame the player or the coach, if we had Fabian on the pitch he would have definitely taken it. But Hasebe put his third penalty this season to the exact same side, so it wasn't too difficult to make the safe. But those things happen, what can you do?

So in the second have the penalty for Ingolstadt is a 50/50 decision and might have been outside the box as well. It wasn't a really lucky day for Eintracht.

Well and if you've seen the Freiburg match... you'll have a lot of other stuff to talk about as well. That was refereeing on Sunday League level. That wasn't even funny anymore. Nothing but a poor performance by all of the officials.
#
Zicolov schrieb:

arytsy schrieb:

The Freiburg match was indeed horrible! I've always valued Bundesliga refs but recently I've become to see some of them in a different light.
#
Zicolov schrieb:

arytsy schrieb:

The Freiburg match was indeed horrible! I've always valued Bundesliga refs but recently I've become to see some of them in a different light.
#
arytsy schrieb:

I've always valued Bundesliga refs ... [...]

Big mistake - now you know better!
#
arytsy schrieb:

#
Haliaeetus schrieb:

arytsy schrieb:

Like yesterday! Rebic gets a yellow from a tackle and Vidal runs to him after the whistle. Does he get a yellow, of course not! Then he starts something with Mascarell. Okay, he finally gets a yellow, but so does Mascarell. One could also argue about Hummels' tackle of Hrgota in the penalty area.

Even with the loss I think this match was a good confidence builder. The game was focused and the guys definitely had their share of chances to score. HSV should fall with a similar performance.
#
Haliaeetus schrieb:

arytsy schrieb:

Like yesterday! Rebic gets a yellow from a tackle and Vidal runs to him after the whistle. Does he get a yellow, of course not! Then he starts something with Mascarell. Okay, he finally gets a yellow, but so does Mascarell. One could also argue about Hummels' tackle of Hrgota in the penalty area.

Even with the loss I think this match was a good confidence builder. The game was focused and the guys definitely had their share of chances to score. HSV should fall with a similar performance.
#
arytsy schrieb:

Did not actually fall and the match wasn't too much fun. But at least we didn't loose and Hamburg is not easy to play these days. Winning would have been great, but a draw is quite ok. At least the defense did pretty ok, we should start scoring goals again asap though. Speaking of that, it's great to have Marco Fabián back on the pitch and also Vallejo will be available this weekend. Fingers crossed he'll be able to make as many of the remaining matches as possible.
#
SGE needs to win this weekend against Augsburg.  
#
SGE needs to win this weekend against Augsburg.  
#
Draw this weekend and beat Mainz 3 weeks after.
Job done.......until Berlin 27/5.
#
I had a bad feeling that this would be a difficult match. Hrgota was pretty useless up there (I don't understand why Kovac is putting him in the starting line-up) and early on the team looked nervous with its passing game. Fortunately the tide turned thanks to Fabian's goals.
#
Not a bad match against Hoffenheim, but perhaps a bit too passive. Blum and Rebic should've entered the game earlier.
#
Too negative in my view. There were times when there were no Frankfurt players even close to half way line and you've got a Mexican international player trying to kick the ball as far as possible to nobody!

If we got the draw Kovac is hailed as a master tactician. Unfortunately when the other team scores so late there is not enough time to even create a chance never mind get a goal.

Thankfully we have Berlin to look forward to as the league has been a massive missed opportunity to finish top 6. Home wins against Ingolstadt and Hamburg for example and it would still be a huge possibility as the other teams outwith top 4 have also been poor.

#
The match against Mainz......don't even know what say. How did that happen?

Right now the Pokal looks sooo far away. Then again Tuchel seems to be in some deep waters in the BVB. Perhaps we have a fighting chance.
#

Right now the Pokal looks sooo far away. Then again Tuchel seems to be in some deep waters in the BVB. Perhaps we have a fighting chance.
#
arytsy schrieb:

I still cant really believe what happened on saturday... Well, Mainz fought to stay in Bundesliga while our team already thought about vacation... Still, its a good season and I believe in Kovac. He will analyse and take the right steps, Im pretty sure about that.

DFB Pokal will be a different game and I mean, come on, being a fan of the Eintracht will never be easy and Relaxing
#
arytsy schrieb:

I still cant really believe what happened on saturday... Well, Mainz fought to stay in Bundesliga while our team already thought about vacation... Still, its a good season and I believe in Kovac. He will analyse and take the right steps, Im pretty sure about that.

DFB Pokal will be a different game and I mean, come on, being a fan of the Eintracht will never be easy and Relaxing
#
adlerjunge23FFM schrieb:

You got that right. Talk about a rollercoaster season. The Pokal would be a nice way to finish it.
#
Hrfernsehen: Abschlusstraining der Eintracht vor dem DFB-Pokalfinale.
https://youtu.be/fiVE6-c9zJo
#
Pokalspiel was a good reminder of Eintracht's potential. That's why it's a bit sad that the match was decided by a penalty. Eintracht sure had the talent and tactics for a win.

I think this season thread is about done. Thanks to all commenting and reading it. See you all in 2017/18!

Teilen