>

Hamburg game - Feb 19th

#
Hi all,
I will be over in Augsburg on Feb 18th for the Europa game (Liverpool Fan), me and a mate travelling up then for the Hamburg game on the 19th, can you advise on the cheapest way to sort train from Augsburg please?
Do match tickets act as public transport? if so what areas does this cover?
Thanks in advance, looking forward to my 1st experience of The Commerzbank
Where do everyone meet up for beers per match?
#
Feb 19th - don't know how to edit
#
Hi all,
I will be over in Augsburg on Feb 18th for the Europa game (Liverpool Fan), me and a mate travelling up then for the Hamburg game on the 19th, can you advise on the cheapest way to sort train from Augsburg please?
#
5times schrieb:

Hi all,

Hi there!
Nice to hear you'll be heading to Frankfurt after the EL match. If you want to travel from Augsburg to Frankfurt on matchday (Feb 19th) you'll have two major options:

• Traveling by ICE is the fastest, likely also the more expensive way to get from Augsburg to our beautiful city. But if you're lucky enough and book online asap you might benefit from the "Frühbucherrabatt" which means early-bird pricing. The earlier you book, the cheaper it gets.
  • Traveling with regional trains (RE): There's a good chance you'll be cheaper than with an ICE ticket, yet you'll need way more time to get to your destination and pretty likely have to switch trains a few times.
You can find both on the website of German Railways (Deutsche Bahn). Of course also available in english : http://www.bahn.de/p_en/view/index.shtml

I just made a quick check with the information you gave me in your posting and found an EC (Euro City) train from Augsburg Mainstation to Frankfurt Mainstation with a "Sparpreis" option for just 29 Euro per person! Departs at 10:17 am, arrives 1:40 pm. No change-overs (so it's hop on in Augburg, hop off in Frankfurt), travel time of 3:23 hours. It's fast and very cheap, if you're interested: Book it fast! These offers are "if it's gone, it's gone!" deals, once they are sold out you'll have to pay a higher price. Please note that these special offers are non-refundable, so if you miss the train you'll have to buy a new ticket (unless it's the railroad companies fault of course). Of course you can vary with your departure time to find the cheapest tickets, just check back on the website above.
The good thing with the train I picked is that you would have time for a little sightseeing in Frankfurt before kick-off. Feel free to drop me a line if you're interested in a quick sightseeing walk-around for the afternoon. A few month back I wrote down a few lines for some lads coming over from the US, I should still have that somewhere

General information: A ticket bought in advance of the match is also a valid ticket for public transport (Subway in Frankfurt, regional trains all over Hessen). But that is just usefull for you, when you're getting from some place in the city of Frankfurt to the stadium. Augsburg is a different state (Bavaria), so you can't use the ticket for you general trip.

If you are looking for beers check out Sachsenhausen, our famos pub and restaurant district. You can also find plenty of stands around the stadium where you can meet other supporters, drink and eat. They open round about 2,5 - 3 hours before kick-off, that should work out for a few drinks

Cheers!
#
You can take regional trains with the "Quer durchs Land" Ticket. It´s 44€ plus 8€ for any additional traveller. Takes about 5 hours with 2 or 3 changes of trains. The ticket is valid beginning 9.00 in the morning, so you could be shortly after 14.00 in Frankfurt.
#
Thanks guys, i've just booked the 10:17 train, cost just 24 euros each with booking for 2 Happy Days!
Need to sort a hotel now, hopefully close to the main train station, then sort match tickets next week.
Am i best sorting ticket above the main Nordwestkurve or opposite?
Will look at the map of the city to find the bar & restaurant area
Looking forward to this, hopefully meet up with you for a beer.
Now to go and see the mighty red men at Sunderland
YNWA
#
Thanks guys, i've just booked the 10:17 train, cost just 24 euros each with booking for 2 Happy Days!
Need to sort a hotel now, hopefully close to the main train station, then sort match tickets next week.
YNWA
#
5times schrieb:

YNWA

I´ll see them on Saturday at Upton Park.
C.O.Y.I.
#
Early dart down there for that, Not looking forward to it, expecting a defeat, hope for draw at best
#
YNWA
#
5times schrieb:

Nice, so you're all set with traveling . As I said: the offer is really good, especially because it's a non-stop travel for an irresistable price and in the "upper class" train . Glad we could help!

Tickets for the match are still available, which stand you pick is really up to you. The Nordwestkurve is the supporters area for the home fans, so you would be right in the middle of the action - our Kop, so to say. The opposite site provides a good look at the home supporters stand, but you'd be closer to the away fans, so it's more of a mixed crowd there with "regular" (not really chanting) Eintracht fans and some away supporters. You could also pick "Gegentribüne" which is the cheaper of the two long sides (you also pay a bit more for those seats), so you could see both sets of fans.

Hotels: There are plenty around the main station, if you want to you could also book a room in walking distance to the stadium. If you're heading for the "drinking district" in the centre of the city again after the match you'd do yourself a favor by booking a room close the station instead of the stadium .

Beer sounds good to me, just send a message a few days before the match.

eSGEhtgutab schrieb:

C.O.Y.I.

I'd say the same, COYI. You just ran into the only two Hammers fans in the whole forum .

5times schrieb:

Early dart down there for that, Not looking forward to it, expecting a defeat, hope for draw at best

Let's see, the match at Anfield was one of the highlights for the Hammers fans this season so far, but you're doing way better now so it's going to be a tough one. I'll see you two on television
#
5times schrieb:

Nice, so you're all set with traveling . As I said: the offer is really good, especially because it's a non-stop travel for an irresistable price and in the "upper class" train . Glad we could help!

Tickets for the match are still available, which stand you pick is really up to you. The Nordwestkurve is the supporters area for the home fans, so you would be right in the middle of the action - our Kop, so to say. The opposite site provides a good look at the home supporters stand, but you'd be closer to the away fans, so it's more of a mixed crowd there with "regular" (not really chanting) Eintracht fans and some away supporters. You could also pick "Gegentribüne" which is the cheaper of the two long sides (you also pay a bit more for those seats), so you could see both sets of fans.

Hotels: There are plenty around the main station, if you want to you could also book a room in walking distance to the stadium. If you're heading for the "drinking district" in the centre of the city again after the match you'd do yourself a favor by booking a room close the station instead of the stadium .

Beer sounds good to me, just send a message a few days before the match.

eSGEhtgutab schrieb:

C.O.Y.I.

I'd say the same, COYI. You just ran into the only two Hammers fans in the whole forum .

5times schrieb:

Let's see, the match at Anfield was one of the highlights for the Hammers fans this season so far, but you're doing way better now so it's going to be a tough one. I'll see you two on television
#
Said we would lose down there, now on to a cold, wet Tuesday in Stoke now; another game im not looking forward to.
Hotel in Center sorted, close to train station, chuck bags in, then onto the bar district - will drop you a line on here a couple of days before we head over
#
Sounds like a plan to me . Hope you'll enjoy your trip to Frankfurt and maybe we'll have two new fans on the Merseyside afterwards

Stoke in the middle of the week is not really a joyride, that's for sure. At least they started playing actual football a few years ago, so it's mainly an ugly city with quite ok football not an ugly city with ugly football anymore .
It's going to be some tough weeks for Klopp and Liverpool one way or the other - those next matches will show the direction they'll take for the rest of the season in my opinion. Klopp wouldn't bother to have a few injured players back on the team sheet.
#
Hi all,
#
Hi guys,

did you get your tickets already ? We (a group of 14 fans) have to tickets left (right in the middle, Block 29G).
At 4:30 p.a. we meet in the "Wagner" a traditional apple wine pub in Sachsenhausen (Frankfurt South), Schweitzer Straße 71., Even if you got your tickets feel free to join us for a apple wine or two. We even have an english guys with us (Ipswitch - poor fellow).

Cheers
#
Enjoy your trip, Anfield Crew! Better kick some arse in Augsburg first, then - hopefully - enjoy an entertaining match in our beautiful city. We desperately need some points, so feel free to join in when the home fans are cheering . And don't miss the chance to check out our famos cider!
#
Enjoy your trip, Anfield Crew! Better kick some arse in Augsburg first, then - hopefully - enjoy an entertaining match in our beautiful city. We desperately need some points, so feel free to join in when the home fans are cheering . And don't miss the chance to check out our famos cider!
#
Zicolov schrieb:

don't miss the chance to check out our famos cider!

they are likely to do so, if they meet at "Wagner"
#
We're in a bar in the City centre,
Where do you all meet up or where can we head for a few beers before the game?
#
Before the game you can have a drink outside the stadium as well. Take the S Bahn from Central Station, not the tram that runs in front of it.
#
Cheers
Think we're going to try and find our way to sachsenhausen if we can.
Anyone there, let us know
#
We're in a bar called Klaane.
Anyone else here?
#
So what are your thoughts about your weekend in Germany? Besides the lack of goals...

Teilen